This week I’m grateful and have love for:
- new beginnings.
- family love and support.
- friends. They bring the light, take off the edge, make me laugh and they give a shit – about me. lovely and affirming much.
- home soil. I still get a kick out of my neighbourhood’s natural beauty – I have abundant gratitude for living in this place. abundant. And I’m slowly warming to the unique beauty of Auckland city too.
- lessons learnt. See below
- being okay with where I’m at. Even though I’m not where I want to be or thought I would be (after taking a year out to realign my vision to my reality) I’ve made peace. And more importantly I’m not letting that put me off going after my joy again. Just because I didn’t get it right the first time doesn’t mean I can’t take the lessons learnt and create my joyful vision.
- liberace. On the last day of my year-long sabbatical mum and I went to the movies to see Behind the Candelabra. It was a visual treat. I just loved the story, jewellery, costumes, era, acting. And Vegas in the eighties. I loved everything about it.
- shelter-food-security-stable government-democracy. This quintet will grace my catalogue every week because I need reminding of just how good I have it in comparison to many other global communities who live in the absence of all five. Imagine that; makeshift to no shelter, little to no food, zero security from a constant threat to yours/your families safety within an unstable government where democracy is a concept not a reality. Imagine that when you think about what your grateful for, and what’s not working in your life.
What do you hold gratitude and love for this week?